April 21, 2014

some updating.

It's spring break! (and a week until my due date!) With the week off work and the desperate need to distract me from wanting this baby to arrive today, I finally had some time to sit down and make the changes I've been wanting to do to this little blog. First up, I changed the design a bit. I was looking for something a little cleaner & less cluttered.  I was still loving the bright rainbow of colors so those needed to stay, but the background and header needed change.   After some tweaking, I settled on what you're seeing now.


Next on the list was a classroom tour.  I have been meaning to take classroom photos all school year.  I have no real reason why it has taken until April, but it has.  Anyway, a few weeks ago, after cleaning up & doing some organizing, I finally took some photos of my classroom. You can check out my little photo tour by clicking the "my classroom" tab at the top of my blog.


Here's to hoping the rest of the week is full of relaxation, productivity, an afternoon at the zoo with dear friends, and perhaps even a baby making his or her appearance!

7 comments:

  1. Love the look of your blog design. Simple and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your blog. I like the buttons on the sidebar. Good luck with that soon to be baby, try to get some rest!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The redesign was a good distraction from (not so patiently) waiting for baby :)

      Delete
  3. Love seeing pictures of your classroom. I am new to having table this year and was noticing that you have tables. Do you have any suggestions on where to keep/store student materials such as folders, notebooks, math books, journals, etc?
    Thanks! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organization is definitely key when students don't have desks with storage. I have a big shelf with bins that are labeled with each subject (seen in the top left picture) that we store folders, notebooks, and packets of practice pages that we're currently using. I usually collect everything at once from each table so they are grouped together in the bin. This makes is quicker for someone to pass things out again.
      Next to that, I also have a small shelf with bins for each table. These bins hold students' morning work and writing folders. This way one person from each table can just grab that bin for their whole table.

      Hope this helps a bit! Good luck this year!

      Delete
  4. learn this here now have a peek here anonymous from this source read the full info here link

    ReplyDelete

linking up with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...